Below, you will find the essential terms and conditions that we operate here at the Ullswater Holliday Park. Please contact us for any clarification on any of our terms.
Holidaymaker booking terms and conditions
- We aim to provide the very best service to all our guests. Please discuss your requirements with us. We will do our very best to help. If you need these Terms and Conditions in a different format, please ask us.
Who may stay with us
- We are a family park only. Sorry, but NO groups are accepted. We cater for families (immediate members) and couples only.
2.1 We do not accept groups of more than two households on-site at any one time to ensure our guests receive the best experience possible.
2.2 If you book separately and are meeting multiple households/families on-site you will be turned away upon arrival. NO REFUNDS will be given.
2.3 Anyone seen grouping on site will be asked to leave the site and NO REFUNDS will be given.
2.4 The person who completes the Booking Form, or who makes the booking with us by other means, is responsible for the booking and must be 25 years of age or older.
- Your booking is personal to you and you cannot assign or transfer it to any other person.
- If you request a booking for more than two people, we may ask you to provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family.
- If you request a booking for more than one Pitch, then we may contact you before deciding whether to accept the booking to help us decide whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for.
- You must tell us if your booking request is connected to any other booking, for example because you know the other party or you share a common purpose in visiting the Park. If you do not tell us about a connection, we may cancel your booking immediately and (if your stay with us has started) require you to leave the Park. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the rebooking less our reasonable administration charges.
How to book
- Bookings can be requested in the following ways:
8.1. Online at www.ullswaterholidaypark.co.uk
8.2. By telephone on 01768486666
- You must tell us your full requirements, for example if you are bringing any vehicles, tents or other structures. We need this information when deciding whether we are able to accept your booking and we may not be able to accommodate changes. Where we are able to do so, there may be an additional charge.
- A contract exists when we have issued our confirmation to you.
- Please check our confirmation carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please let us know of any difference within seven days, unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
The price you pay
- Our prices include VAT.
- The price will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
- When you request your booking, you must pay a deposit of £50 for all touring, tent pitches and small cabins or the full amount if the total holiday costs is below this amount.
15.1 Deposits are non-refundable (Therefore, we strongly advise that you take out your own holiday insurance).
15.2 Large Camping cabins and Glamping Pods must pay a deposit of £100 at time of booking, or the full amount if the total holiday costs is below this amount. This is non-refundable.
- The final balance for touring and tent pitches is due 7 days before arrival and large cabins, glamping pods and small cabins are due 28 days before arrival. We are not required to send you a reminder.
16.1 Self-catering accommodation must pay a £100 deposit at time of booking, this is non-refundable.
- The final balance for self-catering accommodation is due 28 days before arrival, if you are booking within 28 days of the holiday start date, the full holiday cost must be paid for by credit/debit card at that time.
- Please make sure that you book all the dates you need. We are not able to guarantee that we will be able to extend your booking.
Arrivals and departures
*For all accommodation you must tell us by 5pm if you are likely to arrive later than 5pm. You may not arrive after 9pm. For bookings of more than one night, the earliest you may then arrive on the next day is 9am.
*If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival, we may release your booking. You will only be entitled to a refund if we are able to re-let your booking. In that event we will refund the amount paid minus the deposit.
Tents & Tourers
- Check in is from 12 noon until 5pm (low season) and 12noon until 8pm (high season) on the day of your arrival.
- You must vacate by 12 noon on the day of your departure. An additional charge may be made for a late departure.
- We will try to allocate you the location of your choice on the Park, but bookings are not conditional on this.
- Your location on the Park and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt, please check with us. Any guest staying in the wrong location may be required to move.
22.1 Check in is from 3pm until 5pm on the day of your arrival (in low season) and 3pm until 8pm (in high season).
22.2 Check out is by 10am on the day of your departure. Accommodation must be left clean & tidy otherwise a charge will be made; damages & breakages will be charged for.
22.3 If the time of arrival is going to be after 5pm please contact the office to let us know and arrange collection of your accommodation keys.
22.4 We will try to allocate you the unit of your choice on the park, but bookings are not conditional on this.
Camping Cabins & Honeybee Pod
22.5 Check in time for the cabins is 3pm and departure time is 10am
22.6 Check in time for the Honeybee Pod is 3pm and departure time is 11am
22.7 Any damage caused to the mattress protectors in the large camping cabins will incur additional fees of £40.
22.8 We will try to allocate you the cabin/pod of your choice on the park, but bookings are not conditional on this.
*An inventory is taken before and after each guest, if there are any damages/breakages or missing items the property owner retains the right to make an additional charge.
*UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD GAS APPLIANCES BE USED IN THE CABINS OR HONEYBEE POD DUE TO CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING; THIS INCLUDES FIRE & CHARCOAL BBQ’s.
Changes caused by exceptional circumstances
- We may make reasonable changes to our Services. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws, guidance and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk.
- If we make changes which mean we can only provide your holiday in a radically different way, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us or cancelling. We prefer that you postpone rather than cancel but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
- If the law prevents us from performing our obligations under these Terms and Conditions at all, for any reason which is not the responsibility of either party, we may ask you to postpone but will allow you to cancel if you prefer to do so. For these purposes, reasons which are your responsibility include any arising from your personal circumstances. Examples are ill health (except if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us in consequence, for example because you are legally required to self-isolate) and any restrictions arising from your chosen career.
- If you decide to cancel where clause 24 or clause 25 applies and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund any days unused. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will only deduct any costs we have already incurred which we cannot recover elsewhere (‘Direct Costs’). We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
- We may also cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If we cancel and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
- We prefer that customers who are unable to take their holiday agree to postpone to a mutually convenient date, the date must be given immediately when the customer notifies us and must be within the same financial year. Customers must give at least 28 days’ notice. You may move your booking once and there will be a £10 administrative charge applied to your booking.
- If you cancel under clause 28, cancellation charges are payable as follows unless you are doing so because we are in serious breach of our obligations in these Terms and Conditions.
|Cancellation received more than 28 days before start date||If balance has been paid then we will refund amount paid minus the deposit.|
|Cancellation received 28 days or less before start date||Charge is 100% of holiday price; no refund|
- You are not entitled to any refund if you or any of your guests leave before the end of your holiday, unless clause 24 or clause 25 applies or if we are in serious breach of our obligations in these Terms and Conditions. If we are in serious breach of our obligations, we will refund you for the days of the holiday which have not been taken.
- We may also cancel your holiday if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions. Clauses 51-53 give further details.
- We recommend that you consider appropriate holiday insurance which covers any cancellation charges and any additional losses which you may incur through cancellation of your holiday, whether by you or by us. We are only responsible for any additional losses if you were entitled to cancel because we were in serious breach of our obligations to you and the losses were both directly caused by our breach and reasonably foreseeable by us when the booking was made.
32.1 No refunds will be given due to poor weather conditions.
Authorised means of payment
- You may pay us in any of the following ways:
By cheque at the Park office.
By bank transfer.
By credit card payment in person at the Park office or by phone. We accept the following cards:
By debit card payment in person at the Park office or by phone.
- We are confident you will be happy with our service. Any dissatisfaction must be raised with our team during your stay; any complaints made after the day of your departure cannot be taken further.
Please refer to:
|Name/Job title:||Ullswater Holiday Park Reception|
35.1 We collect personal information about you, such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address in order to process your order. We do not release personal information to other traders or third parties, except to process your order or if your consent is given. We reserve the right to send you an occasional mail, e-mail or text message for marketing reasons. Once again, we do not pass on any information to third parties.
Our promises to you
- We will allow you to stay with us for the duration of your booking for holiday and recreational purposes, provided you comply with your obligations in these Terms and Conditions and except where exceptional circumstances prevent us from doing so.
- We will provide, maintain and keep in good state of repair the Services, except where these have to be interrupted temporarily for the purposes of repair or development or for other reasons caused by exceptional circumstances outside our control.
- We will insure the Park against usual third-party risks to a minimum of £5,000,000 per claim.
Your promises to us
You agree that you will:
- Keep to these Terms and Conditions and the Park Rules.
- Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
- Pay promptly for your holiday and other charges due to us.
- Pay to us interest at 3% per annum over the published base rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time (in Northern Ireland, the Ulster Bank) on any undisputed sums overdue from the due date to the date we actually receive such amounts from you, both before and after any judgment that we may obtain against you.
- Not cause any damage during your holiday.
- Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence, which is always available on the Park in a conspicuous place. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which may affect you include those requiring the space between caravans and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
- Not make any alteration to any accommodation or Pitch.
- Permit us to move you to another location on the Park if necessary. We will ensure that any alternative location will be of similar quality and be responsible for all reasonable costs incurred.
These standards will apply from when you request your booking until your holiday ends. Unless stated otherwise, they apply whether or not you are on the Park at the time.
You agree to, and you must make sure that you, your party and any visitors (including, in each case, their children), keep to the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and anyone visiting, using or working on the Park including other customers.
- To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or other people using the Park.
- Not to:
49.1 Commit any criminal offence (whether or not on the Park or in its vicinity) which causes your name to be entered on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or causes you to be subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these);
49.2 Use the Park in connection with any criminal activity or commit any other criminal offence (i.e. any offence not already subject to clause 49.1) at the Park or in its vicinity;
49.3 Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance on the Park;
49.4 Use fireworks, Chinese lanterns or any similar open flame heat source on the Park;
49.5 Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on the Park;
49.6 Keep or use any unlawful drugs on the Park;
49.7 Create undue noise or disturbance or commit antisocial behaviour on the Park;
49.8 Carry on any trade or business at the Park;
49.9 Permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) to use or visit the Park.
- You agree that if you or any of your family members or visitors or guests whom you have invited to the Park break the behaviour standards listed above then we may terminate your booking.
Cancelling the booking because you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions
- We may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations in these Terms and Conditions and the breach is not capable of being remedied or is such that it causes a breakdown in the relationship between you and us (for example violence or intentional damage to property) by serving upon you reasonable notice in writing to cancel your booking. In deciding what period of notice is reasonable, we shall have due regard to the nature of the breach and other relevant circumstances. In appropriate cases, this may mean requiring you to leave the Park immediately.
- If you are in breach of any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions which is capable of being remedied (for example, a failure to comply with the behaviour standards in clauses 47-50 which has not caused a breakdown in the relationship between you and us) we may write giving you warning, specifying the breach and asking you to remedy the breach within a reasonable and specified time. If you do not comply with that warning and the breach is either serious and/or amounts to persistent breaches of obligation, which taken individually would be minor but which taken together cause a breakdown in the relationship between you and us, we are entitled to write to you to cancel your booking. In appropriate cases, the warning we give you may be very short and we may then require you to leave the Park immediately.
- If we cancel your booking under clauses 51 or 52 you will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the rebooking less our reasonable administration charges.
Changing the Park Rules
- It may be necessary or desirable to change the Park Rules from time to time, including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the Park, environmental issues, local authority requirements, and/ or changes in law or regulations or in the interpretation of law and regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing using your contact details at the address on the Booking Form.
- Any changes made to the Park Rules after we accept your booking may affect you because you will be required to comply with the changed Park Rules, but will not affect anything else to which you are entitled under these booking Terms and Conditions.
- We hold a key to all the accommodation we own on the Park.
- If you are staying in our accommodation, we may use the key for any purpose authorised by you, for example if you ask us to give access to an authorised visitor. We may require you to confirm your authority in writing.
- We may also use the key in an emergency, such as an immediate concern for the health and safety of any person, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check and secure the accommodation if it appears to be insecure.
- We will take reasonable care when accessing any accommodation.
- We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent using the details for us in these Terms and Conditions and for you on the Booking confirmation. Email may be used.
- “Park Rules” means the rules of conduct and practice issued by us from time to time and applicable to the Park. The Park Rules which currently apply to your booking are in Part II of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Pitch” does not include any part of the Park except that on which the accommodation in which you are staying stands.
- “Services” means the services which we have promised to make available without a separate charge to you, for example any utilities to your Pitch. Services for which we make a separate charge are provided under separate agreements and not these Terms and Conditions.
- “Site Licence” means the caravan Site Licence applicable to the Park issued to us by the local authority under Section 3 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (or in the case of Northern Ireland under Section 3 of the Caravans (Northern Ireland) Act 1963) and other relevant statutes.
- “You/your” means the person making the booking and all members of their party excluding children under 18. Where there is more than one person, each is fully responsible for the obligations in these Terms and Conditions.
- References to taxes and laws are references to them as extended, amended or replaced from time to time.
We collect personal information about you, such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address in order to process your order.
We do not release personal information to other traders or third parties, except to process your order or if your consent is given.
We reserve the right to send you an occasional mail, e-mail or text message for marketing reasons. Once again we do not pass on any information to third parties.
Ready to Book? Check availability for this property and all other properties at the Ullswater Holiday Park.