ULLSWATER HOLIDAY PARK RULES
Holiday Caravan Owners
These park rules are in place for the good management of Ullswater Holiday Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the Licence Agreement that is the contract between us for your occupation of a pitch on the park. They should be read alongside your Licence Agreement.
The park rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the terms of your Licence Agreement.
The expression ‘you’/’your’ means the Caravan owner and/or occupier [and this includes anyone using or hiring the Caravan from you]. The expression ‘we’/’us’/’our’ refers to the park owner and/or manager.
Please make sure that anyone using the caravan is aware of the park rules.
The rules set out below are the park rules referred to in your Licence Agreement. You are reminded that breach of these rules is a breach of your Licence Agreement and could result in termination of the Licence Agreement.
These Park Rules are in place for the good management of Ullswater Holiday Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the contract between us for your holiday. They should be read alongside your booking Terms and Conditions.
The Park Rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the booking Terms and Conditions.
The expression ‘you’/‘your’ refers to all members of your party.
You must make sure that anyone using the park is aware of the Park Rules.
You are reminded that we may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations, including these Park Rules.
- You should use the park safely and should not cause danger to others.
- You should obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
- We recommend that you have your holiday home gas checked annually by a certified gas engineer and a copy of the Gas Safe certificate is given to the park. If you are subletting your caravan a Gas Safe certificate is a legal requirement.
- A spare set of keys must be left with the Park Manager. They will only be given out in the event of an emergency and under no circumstances will they be handed out to a third party without your prior notice or consent. The company retain the right of access to any caravan for the purpose of satisfying Health & Safety legislation, utility supply regulations or in the case of emergency, e.g., gas or water leak.
- Keys must be collected from the office within office working hours which are 9am – 5pm.
- Electric car charging – Unfortunately we are unable to offer this service at this time . Please do not plug your car into the sockets on-site or in the self-catering units as it is an electrical safety hazard. We are hoping to install charging points in the future.
- You are solely responsible for securing the Caravan.
- You may only use alarms of the silent, monitored type and not audible alarms.
Ejection on grounds of behaviour
- In the event of persistent or serious misconduct by you, a member of your family, your occupiers, visitors, or guests, we will follow any relevant notice procedures in the Licence Agreement. We do not have to follow any formal procedure to eject other visitors.
Condition of the Caravan (Holiday caravan owners)
- You must not change the colour of the exterior of the Caravan without our prior consent in writing.
- You are responsible for keeping the area around the Caravan, tent or other accommodation clean and tidy.
- Installation of hot tubs or similar is not permitted. (Holiday Caravan owners)
- Awnings must be taken down when the pitch is unoccupied (Seasonal Tourers only)
- Pitch price includes 1 car, 1 caravan, an awning and up to 4 persons (Seasonal Tourers only)
End of season (Holiday caravan owners)
- It is your responsibility to drain down and prepare the Caravan for the closed season, if you have the CaraGuard system installed you can do this yourself. If you do not have CaraGuard installed and would like us to winterise your caravan for you then please arrange for this to be done at reception (additional fees apply) (Holiday Caravan Owners).
- You must ensure all gas, electricity and water connections are switched off throughout the closed season (Seasonal Tourers).
- During the closed season we recommend that the curtains of your Caravan are drawn back, and all items of value removed.
- You must switch off all gas, electricity, and water connections when the Caravan, tent or other accommodation is not occupied (Seasonal Tourers & Holidaymakers).
- If you experience any problem with the park’s electrical, gas or water system, you should contact us. You must not attempt to work on any part of the park’s electrical, gas or water system yourself; this includes any installations on the pitch.
- You must not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, babies’ nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease, or paint.
- The erection of tents is not permitted as additional accommodation next to your holiday caravan. Anyone wishing to use tents, motorhomes, or tourers for sleeping accommodation must pay the usual site charges and be sited on a camping pitch.
- All visitors are required to Check in at reception upon arrival where your car registration will be required as well.
- Only people lawfully visiting with your permission have permission to enter the park.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors and all occupiers of your Caravan, tent or other accommodation adhere to the Park Rules.
- Your visitors may not arrive before 9am and must leave the park by 8pm.
Permitted number of occupiers
Holiday Caravan owners
- Your Caravan may not be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than the ‘maximum sleeping capacity’ stipulated in your Licence Agreement.
- Your accommodation/pitch may only be used by the people named on the Booking.
Boats & Canoes/Kayaks
- Storage of boats and Canoes/Kayaks is not permitted next to your seasonal touring caravan.
- Boats and Canoes/Kayaks must be stored at Fairfield Marina; please see boat park price list for fees.
Enclosure of pitches (Holiday Caravan owners)
- We do not permit the erection of fences or any means of enclosure of a caravan pitch.
Trees and shrubs
- You must not cut any trees or hedges at the park. If you find any tree or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory you should take the matter up with us; do not deal with it yourself.
- You must not plant any tree or shrub.
- You must not dig any hole at the park.
- You may only use the windowsill type airers and must remove them and store them out of sight immediately after use.
- You must not deposit refuse outside your Caravan/pitch. You should use the refuse bins provided.
- Recycling points are available on the park, and you should use these facilities where appropriate.
Vehicles, driving and parking
- a) Vehicles
- You must insure all vehicles you use on the park as for use on the public road.
- You must insure all accessories and items towed by vehicles (such as towed boats and jet skis) as for use on the public road.
- You must not keep disused or un-roadworthy vehicles anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
- You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
- major vehicle repairs such as dismantling of part(s) of the engine
- works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
- Motor vehicle repairs must not be carried out at the park, but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown.
- Quad bikes, trials bikes and powered scooters are not permitted on the park.
- You must not wash cars with a hosepipe.
- b) Driving
- We permit cars onto the park for the purposes of access to the Caravan only. Accordingly, save to the extent that you may need to do so because of a disability, you must not drive cars round the park for other purposes such as visiting other locations on the park. We may ask for reasonable evidence of any disability relevant to this rule.
- Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads.
- You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
- You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
- There is a speed limit on all park roads of 5mph, which must be adhered to.
- At this present moment in time electric cars cannot be charged at the park by any means, including the use of an electricity supply or hook-up.
- c) Parking
- You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
- You must not park anywhere except in the parking spaces allocated to your Caravan.
- You may park not more than two cars at the Caravan.
- Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
- light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
- vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle.
- You should respect the privacy of other Caravan owners and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 8pm and 11pm with absolute quiet between 11pm and
- You must keep away from any vacant pitches.
- Disposable barbecues are accepted but only if they are raised off the grass and must only be fuelled with coal, NO wood please (wood creates sparks which can lead to fires and cause damage to other customers’ tents).
- FIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON SITE.
- You must finish any barbecues by
- You may only consume alcoholic drinks within the boundaries of your pitch or on the park’s licensed premises.
- You must not use fire hoses for any improper purpose including such as washing cars or boats.
- You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
- If using bicycles and scooters (or anything similar) please be considerate of other park users and road users.
- You must not use the park’s water supply to fill paddling pools.
You must not bring any animals when you visit the park except the following:
- no more than two dogs (unless prior agreement) (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991).
Any animal you bring must be supervised by and under the control of you, or of a responsible adult in your party, at all times. This means you may not leave any animal unsupervised in the caravan or anywhere on the park at any time, nor may you leave any animal under the supervision of any person aged under 18. These rules apply even if the animal knows the park well and you believe them to be well-behaved.
If you do not supervise and control your animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
If you see another animal anywhere on the park which does not appear to be supervised by and under the control of a responsible adult, or whose behaviour gives a cause for concern please tell us straight away.
- You must keep any dog on a short lead at all times on the park.
- You must clean up if your animal defecates on the park.
- Please do not use the on-site showers or the showers within your rented accommodation to wash your pets.
- Your Licence Agreement contains undertakings not to cause any nuisance, undue noise, or disturbance. These extend to the behaviour of pets and animals.
Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
- You may only play ball and other games in open areas away from any other campers and vehicles.
- You may not fly kites on the park.
- You may not use drones, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying objects on the park.
- You may not use the park address for postal deliveries.
- You must ensure that all occupants of your Caravan are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the contents of the Fire Notices displayed at each point.
- You must not store fuels or combustible materials other than removal containers on the park.
- You are responsible for the contents of the accommodation whilst it is let to you. If you leave the accommodation in a messy or untidy state, you will be charged for the extra cleaning at an hourly rate of £22. All damages or losses are chargeable and should be reported to the Park Reception before your departure or you will be sent an invoice. Only one key is supplied per holiday accommodation and there is a £15 charge for lost keys.
- You are requested to bring your own waterproof mattress protectors if required as you will be liable for the replacement of any mattress which is soiled by you or your party.
- We do not accept generators on-site.
- It is illegal to smoke or use e-cigarettes inside any enclosed public buildings
- You must also refrain from smoking or using e-cigarettes in any of our holiday accommodation.
- Wi-Fi is available and is free of charge.
- Our wi-fi is very restricted due to our rural location and is not for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home.
- The usual opening and closing dates of our facilities are provided on our website. However, the dates and times of opening may be subject to change depending on seasonal fluctuations or unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to advise you at the time of booking of any changes at that stage, otherwise please always check prior to booking if this is important to your stay.
- The availability of our facilities is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- Site closed 6th January – 1st March