New Bridge Update for Pooley Bridge
Works completed September – November 2019
- Temporary footbridge lifted into place and road bridge removed
- Installation of sheet pilling on both sides of the river completed.
- Bracing inside the sheet piles has been installed.
- Excavation to the formation level on both sides completed.
- Construction of east side foundation has commenced with first pours of concrete and steel reinforcement placed.
- Steel fabrication progressing well off-site
- Pooley Bridge Project Hub has opened in the Ullswater Steamer Tourist Information and Gift Shop
Works planned for November 2019 – January 2020
- Works will continue to construct the East abutment with the base and walls being constructed in a number of phases, time has to be allowed for the concrete to strengthen at certain points during this process.
- Further site investigation will be completed on the west abutment and works to construct this should start.
- Preparation for the delivery of steel to the Dunmallard car park will be completed, with temporary bracing being installed on foundations.
- The first sections of steel should be delivered to site and fabrication on the bridge sections will continue in Pooley.
- The bridge bearings will be delivered to site
November 2019 – Spring 2020
Permanent bridge, abutment works, bridge construction and installation
Click on the link below for updates on the New Bridge development at Pooley Bridge