Health and Safety Guidelines for all holiday visitors
Please read the following information about all the safety measures we have put in place to keep both you and our staff members safe while staying at Ullswater Holiday park.
These guidelines will apply to all customers hiring any self-catering accommodation, and camping cabins, along with those bringing their own accommodation such as tents, tourers, and motorhomes.
Firstly, we just want to say ‘Thank you’ for booking or thinking about booking a break with us here at Ullswater Holiday Park. It has been a ‘testing’ year for everyone so far!!
As many of you know Camping and Glamping is a relatively safe option right now. However, everyone still needs to stay safe and be aware of the risks. So, we have thought long and hard about the best way to do this for everyone coming to Ullswater Holiday Park this year. The safety of our guests is paramount, but we also need to make sure our staff are not put at risk.
As a result, we have had to make some significant changes, so things will be a somewhat different than they have been in the past.
Camping, Touring Caravans & Camping Cabins
- We will be operating on a smaller occupancy throughout the remainder of 2020. This is to help us maintain the 2m social distancing measures necessary. If you have booked a certain pitch, please understand that we may have had to move you. If you have booked with friends/family, we will try our best to make sure you are still together, but please understand this may not be possible. Those with credit notes may also re-book with us by telephone on 017684 86666.
- To maintain social distancing and in keeping with the government guidelines, we are not accepting any large group bookings. We will be restricting groups to a maximum of two households. Anyone seen grouping on site will be asked to leave.
- The pot-wash will be open for hot water please remember to social distance where necessary. We ask if you can bring a bowl along with you and take your pots back to you pitch/unit and wash them there. We know this is not practical but will help with social distancing,
- The toilets and showers will be available; however, we do ask that if you choose to use them please follow the 2metre safe distance guidelines i.e. leave a gap between each sink bowl. We also recommend that you bring your own towel to help with hygiene measures. Industry guidelines on how this may work are changing daily so we will update you on this. We highly recommend that if you have your own facilities in your accommodation then please use them as this will help for your own safety and the staff team.
- We will be increasing our cleaning routine throughout the shared toilet/shower blocks and we have invested in a Fogging machine to be used.
- There will be hand sanitiser and we ask everyone to sanitise their hands when entering the shower/toilet facilities.
- The laundry facilities will be open as normal
Arrival procedures for Camping & Touring
Upon arrival there will be access to the inside of the shop & Reception, but we can only accept one customer in at any one time and must follow the 2-metre distance guidelines. There will be hand sanitiser available outside the main entrance as you enter and leave the building. A one-way system is also in place.
- We are encouraging all bookings to be paid in full before arrival to limit contact and time in the reception, so please can we ask all our customers to ensure these payments have been made.
- Car registration numbers must be given when making your booking, again this will limit your time in reception on arrival, the more information we have prior to the day you arrive the better!
- So ideally all you need to do is stop at reception call in for your tag which must be tied to your tent/caravan and take a map of the park for directions if needed.
- You may want to arrange for your keys to be left in the door on the outside of the accommodations, please contact us to arrange this prior to arrival on 017684 86666. Otherwise you may call in reception on your arrival and send your family member in to collect them. We will make sure that all keys are disinfected after every use.
If there is a queue waiting for check-in, please wait in your vehicle until the numbers have subsided. If you are a regular and you know where your pitch is please go straight to your pitch and one member of the family come back to reception to let us know that you have arrived and we can give you any information you might need.
- On departure there is no need to check out at reception, departure time for the tent/touring pitches is 12 noon, and for the camping cabins 10am.
- If you do need anything at all, please give us a call on 017684 86666 where we can help you.
All accommodation will have been cleaned to a high standard and had the use of our fogging machine throughout the unit. We have enhanced our cleaning procedure in all accommodation, giving special attention to frequently touched surfaces such as tables, light switches, and doorknobs.
- Guidance suggests that ventilation is a key to help reduce the risk of COVID-19, therefore we ask all our guests to please open all windows in the accommodation before you leave
- On arrival keys may be arranged to be left in secure key locks/or in the door on the outside of the accommodation, please contact us to arrange this prior to arrival on 017684 86666. Otherwise you may call in to reception upon your arrival and send one family member in to collect them. We will make sure that all keys are disinfected before and after every use.
- On departure we require all guests to strip all bedlinen in the accommodation and place it in the laundry bag that will be provided in each rental. Please then place the bedding outside of the accommodation. If it is raining, please leave the bedlinen close to door entrance.
- Please lock the door and leave the key in the door ready for the accommodation to be deep cleaned. If you need to contact the office for any reason, please do so on 017684 86666. There will also be members of the team around site to assist if needed.
Shop & Coffee Shop
- We are also keeping our café open but for takeaway drinks only. Please order your drinks at the main reception desk.
- Everyone MUST wear a mask when entering the shop and reception.
The shop will be available and stocked with all the essentials (newspapers, logs, marshmallows, cider, beer, ice, ice-creams, milk, tea butter, eggs, etc). Shop opening hours will be as per normal (9am-5pm during low season & 9am-8pm in high season) however, this like all other measures mentioned here may be subject to change. We have installed clear, plexiglass shields at our front counters for everyone’s protection, with regards to groceries, please bring as much from home as you can.
- We would like to ask all our customers NOT to arrange any food deliveries to the park for the foreseeable future, this again will help reduce the amount of people on the park and is for your own safety as well as others.
- If you are on site and need to speak to a member of staff urgently and there is a queue, please find our contact details on the reception door if you have not already received these.
Those who have stayed with us before will know that our cleaning regime is extremely thorough (even before Coronavirus!) however, we will be making sure this is even more stringent all our cleaning staff will be using appropriate PPE and fogging machines to ensure areas are sterile.
We will be following government guidelines on this and more details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
- To protect our customers and staff we will be cleaning the facilities to a high standard, but we are asking you to please adhere to the sanitation regimes set out above.
- It goes without saying; please DO NOT INVITE FRIENDS OR FAMILY NOT STAYING AT Ullswater Holiday Park TO VISIT YOU WHILST YOU ARE HERE. This increases the risk to everyone staying at Ullswater holiday Park and the local community.
Please follow the guidelines given, we understand this is a lot to do but we hope that you can work with us and keep yourself and our staff safe from COVID 19.
If you fall ill during your stay,
- Dial 111 for NHS guidance, vacate the accommodation and return home immediately if possible. Leave the accommodation keys in the door and contact the office 01768486666 opening hours 9am-8pm Monday-Sunday.
If you feel ill before your arrival please remain at home and contact the park, main symptoms include high fever, cough, loss in taste and smell or any symptoms that could lead to COVID 19. We unfortunately will not be able to welcome you, therefore please contact the office on 017684 86666 opening hours 9am-8pm Monday-Sunday to amend your booking.
The Bar is open with a one-way system in place and with a social distancing rule of 2 metres. Unfortunately the children’s games room is still closed.
The park will be open, but we do not recommend that you use the park and you will be doing so at your own risk. Children must not roam around the play park freely they must always be supervised.
- We hope you enjoy your holiday with us
- Walk freely on the park but always observing social distance from other park users and the park team
- Bring your own soap, hand gel, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitiser and masks
- Talk to any of our park team but always observe social distance – ‘we are looking forward to seeing you!’
- Please DO NOT:
- Meet or gather with friends in a social group
- Invite or entertain visitors
- Allow children to roam unsupervised around the park so that they do not break the social distancing rule.
We must apologise that this is a rather ‘comprehensive’ list but as I am sure you can appreciate these measures must be taken and must be implemented to enable us to welcome you to Ullswater Holiday Park.
We wish to thank you for all your support throughout this pandemic, we must stress the importance of reading through all the information. At Ullswater Holiday Park we have implemented the various preventive measures aimed to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 among our guests, static homeowners, and employees. However, we do not guarantee or warrant against the risk of infection.
None of the information provided herein is intended as medical advice. This Notice and Disclaimer is intended as a warning to our guests of the risk of contracting COVID-19, and an explanation of some of the things we’re doing to mitigate the risk of the spread of COVID-19, as well as some of the things we believe our guests can do to help
If you are still happy to visit us and are happy to accept all the preventive measures that we have put into place, then we look forward to welcoming you.
Thank you for your understanding and see you soon.
These measures are subject to change at any time and at short notice due to government updates.
Ullswater Holiday Park